As Magalies Water we managed to retain our Vaalkop ISO14001 certification which is now in its third tri-annual period of certification.
The Environmental Management System (EMS) have been successfully rolled out to water schemes in the Eastern Area, which includes; Wallmansthal, Klipdrift, Cullinan, Temba and Roodeplaat Water Treatment Plants.
As part of roll-out of the EMS to the Area East, extensive audits in a form of first and second stage audits have been conducted by the certification body South African Bureau (SABS) to determine whether the implemented EMS is in compliant with the ISO 14001 standard.
We can proudly say Magalies Water Area East was granted ISO 14001 certification in December 2009.
In line with our vision, Magalies Water is committed to be the leading provider of quality water services. We will ensure the best quality product and service by satisfying and exceeding our customers’ requirements and expectations through continual improvement of our quality management system, products and services.
Provide Local municipalities with quality water that is suitable for human consumption for all domestic purposes and would not result in any significant risk to health of a consumer over a lifetime of consumption, in the form of bulk-water supply, on time, in sufficient quantities and also at affordable rates.
Strives to comply with the SANS – 0241:2005 national drinking standard at all times for potable water treatment plants and the General and Special Standards including all licensing permits and requirements of relevant legislation and regulations wastewater treatment plants
Provides technical support for water-related challenges, facing the local authorities
Provides asset-maintenance services in areas where municipalities have no technical skilled human resources
Also operates and maintains potable and waste-water treatment plants in an efficient and cost effective manner on behalf of the local municipalities.
Through adherence to our corporate values, Magalies Water shall ensure continued compliance to the requirements of our Quality Management System and ISO 9001:2008
We endeavour to maintain service excellence and unparalleled delivery through innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity and commitment.
We are deeply commitment to maintaining and exceeding all performance benchmarks in a responsible manner.
We seek to deliver value by maintaining trustworthy, long lasting associations with all our stakeholders in order to foster open and balanced relationships.
We are deeply committed to improving customer care and service throughout all our operational areas.
We seek to deliver and create sustainable improvements in the quality of life of all our stakeholders through corporate social investment and community participation.
Magalies Water is a Water Services Provider (WSP) involved in purification, storage and distribution of bulk water to Water Services Authorities (WSA). It owns and operates the Vaalkop, Wallmannsthal, Klipdrift and Cullinan Water Schemes on behalf of the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality; and Bospoort Water Scheme, Boitekong and Rustenburg Sewage Treatment on behalf of Rustenburg Local Municipality.
We strive to protect the environment in our area of operation by committing ourselves to:
- Conduct our business with care and respect for the environment
- Prevent or minimise pollution through continuous setting and reviewing of objectives & targets and environmental management programmes and effective management systems.
- Conserve and maintain the environment in which we operate by responsible use of water and other renewable and non-renewable resources
- Monitor, review and continually improve our environmental performance through:
- Optimization of resource use
- Recycling of waste
- Control of chemicals
- Provision of potable water to communities
- Comply with applicable legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe to, relating to our organizational impacts
- Inform and train all employees and contractors on environmental matters
Magalies Water shall pursue and attain these commitments by:
- Optimizing operational resources and technologies
- Influencing and contributing to healthy water resources
- Ensuring staff equity, competence and capability
- Complying with relevant legislation, standards and guidelines
- Building customer and community capacity and relationships
For more detals please contact:
Tel: 014 597 4636
Cell: 082 658 0159
Tel: 012 277 1290
Cell:082 6074 033